1. Growth - How are we remaining curious and open to new opportunities so that we can continually learn
from our experiences?
2. Accountability - How can we accept that we are responsible for our own actions and accept what we can
control vs what we can’t?
3. Challenge / Resilience - How are we seeking to expose ourselves to opportunities for taking risks and
putting ourselves out of our comfort zone?
4. Perspectives - How can we grow awareness of how our experiences impact our judgements and our ability
to understand those around us?
5. Relationships - How can we create healthy connections with ourselves and others based on realistic
expectations and acceptance?
6. Systems/Culture - How are we establishing strong foundations within ourselves as well as in our
environments to foster trust, creativity and consistency?
This is the beginning of my journey and it is an active inquiry I am taking to find out how we can truly find practical ideas to bring research into the classroom. These are my themes so far within the Empathetic Educators research and I will be referring to these themes each week going forward so that I can make connections between my #toptiptakeaways.
Do you agree with these themes? What themes have you been noticing? How do you make connections between the books that you read or the research that you look at?